Services and Repairs
Agri-Tronix started out as a monitor repair company in 1981 repairing monitors for a few local dealers in central Indiana. Since then, we now service 1700 dealers in North America. We are an authorized repair center for many companies. Each of our technicians has over 20 years of experience in reparing agricultural electronics. We offer free technical support on our repairs and many troubleshooting hints and wiring diagrams can be found on our website.
"Calibration Only", "No Problem Found", and "Check out Units"
Units received for repair that were calibrated, checked out, or had no problem will be under warranty for 90 days. If the unit should fail within this 90 day period, the money charged will be applied towards a full repair and the warranty period will start from the date of the repair.
Clean and Checkout Fee
In the event a monitor is received that has no apparent failure, a "Clean and Checkout Fee" will be charged. This fee covers labor, material and the preventive maintenance incurred on the unit. Units that do have a failure will be charged our standard repair fee which includes cleaning and testing.(In other words, you will never be charged both a "Clean and Checkout Fee" and a repair fee.) Any monitor that has been charged a "Clean and Checkout Fee" will have this same amount applied towards a full repair should that unit fail within 90 days.
In the reapair section, our "Clean and Checkout Fee" varies depending on how much labor and parts are put into a particular unit.
Our "Clean and Checkout Fee" covers, but is not linmited to, the following parts and labor:
- 1. Completely disassemble unit.
- 2. Clean dirt and corrosion from the inside and outside of the unit.
- 3. Visually inspect unit for cold solder joints, broken wires, rodent damage, etc.
- 4. Disassemble and clean board connections on units with multiple boards(scale boxes, population planter monitors, etc.)
- 5. Test all functions of the monitor for proper operation and calibrate to factory specifications (if applicalbe)
- 6. Heat the unit and test for thermal problems
- 7. Subject the unit to vibration test, to test for loose connections or components.
- 8. Clean lamp sockets (if applicable)
- 9. Replace Jones connectors on planter monitors, if needed.
- 10. Replace Fuse and/or fuse cap, if needed.
- 11. Replace power lead connectors, if needed.
- 12. Install new lens caps on planter monitors.
- 13. Reassemble unit and perform final checkout.
- 14. Supply free phone support to help troubleshooting problems.
Agri-Tronix is liable only to and not exceeding the price paid for an item or service. Agri-Tronix assumes no liability for field calls, lost time or any other charges surrounding a condition related to a product or service purchased from Agri-Tronix.
Warranty for Repaired Units
All repaired units with the exceptions of scale boxes are covered for 1-Year against any type of failure. This warranty covers the complete operation of the unit. If any function should fail within the year, Agri-Tronix will, at their discretion, repair or refund the original repair amount.
Warranty for Electronic Scale Indicators
All scale indicators repaired by Agri-Tronix have a 6-Month warranty on the complete operation of the unit. (Scale boxes charged less than abfull charge, will have previous charges applied towards a full repair if they should fail within 90-Days of the repair date.) If the scale indicator should fail within the 6-Month Warranty, the box will be repaired or the full repair cost of the monitor will be refunded.
Units not Claimed after 30 Days
Any units left with us and not claimed 30-Days after being notified will be sent a registered letter stating that the unit will be sold to cover the cost of repairs at the end of an additional 30-Days.
We Repair and Service Equipment Manufactured by:
|Allis Chalmers™||Hiniker™||Saltar Brecknell™|